Sunday, May 5, 2013

Fun and Work and Camp

One of my favorite times of the year is finally here. May is a revitalizing month. The sun is warm on my shoulders as I walk through the woods and see the remains of leaves that were deposited on the forest floor last fall. It's a reminder of the beautiful autumns that we experience in Maine. But I can also see all of the little sprouts of the life poking up through the soft soil telling of the beauty to come in the months ahead. Mayflower and trillium tease me as I walk along our brook at camp. they seem to say "stay for a few more days and we'll really put on a show for you." But we still have to go home. Retirement doesn't alleviate all responsibility, and we still have to take care of those mundane things like lawn mowing and bill paying.

This last trip we had a chance cut a tree or two that needed to come down. These have been reclaimed and turned into pieces of wood to be used for all sorts of crafts and woodland decorating and you'll be able to see them in our shop as soon as I can sort everything out and post them.

Maple Slices

White Birch Slices

White Birch Pedestals

Maple Chunks


No comments:

Post a Comment